To: 21/03/2019 05:30 AM
Basic ECG Interpretation with Simon Plapp from St Vincent's
Thursday 21st March, 2019
$52.00 registration ¦ Graduate Nurses and Students $26.00
(WDHS staff are required to complete the Request to Attend Form in additon to purchasing tickets*)
Lunch and refreshments provided
This course will simplify cardiac rhythm recognition so that you can quickly & easily identify rhythm changes (why they occur, their clinical relevance and how to manage them), You will then be guided through the process of performing a systematic 12 lead ECG interpretation to assist in identifying the patient having or had an AMI.
It is ideally suited for all nurses in acute areas where routine monitoring and performing ECGs are conducted.
Principles of Electrophysiology
Cardiac Rhythm Recognition
· Normal & Variations of normal
· Atrial Arrhythmias
· Junctional Arrhythmias
· Ventricular Arrhythmias
12 Lead ECG Interpretation
· Understanding lead placement and groupings
· Recognizing ischaemic and infarction changes (old & new)
About the presenter:
Course Facilitator: Mr Simon Plapp, (RN, BHSc., Post Grad Dip (ICU), M.Hlth Ethics,,MACCCN) has extensive experience as an ICU Educator and simplifies complex topics in a thought provoking and entertaining manner, using clever analogies and interactive teaching strategies. He is Vic ACCCN’s Rep on the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
- There is NO smoking allowed on any campus of Western District Health Service
- The temperature in our centre runs at 20º C. Please dress to suit this temperature – bring a jacket/warm top.
- Parking is available on Foster St (avoid 2 hour parks) and Kitchener St
Terms and Conditions:
Learning and Development Study Days
A minimum of 72 hours’ notice prior to the event is required for cancellation and fee reimbursement. Registration fees will not be reimbursed for non-attendance. Enquiries to the Learning and Development Centre on 03 5551 8343.